Thursday 24 March 2011

A finish !

I actually completed this a couple of weeks back but am just now getting round to showing you. It has appearred on my blog in various stages of completion but is now D.O.N.E - hurray.





First of all I quilted in the ditch with invisible thread but decided I wanted to add some hand-quilting. If you click these pictures you can see some detail. Please remember some of this quilting was done when I was flat on my back with this slipped disc so be gentle with me - lol !




I think I will put a hanging sleeve on this and find a spot for it somewhere - not sure where yet.


For anyone interested it is called Log Cabin Sampler by Bareroots. It measures 34 by 38inches.



I have quite a bit of stuff to show and will try to catch up over the next few days. I have been very unsettled and done lots of bits and pieces here and there - you will see what I mean soon :-)


I only have a few minutes here so will quickly show a little bag I made for Floss as a little giveaway thing from a while back.






And here is a lovely little surprise I received from Karol-Ann for guessing how many 4-patches she made before attending a workshop with Bonnie Hunter ( lucky girl ).






Now that's the sort of post I like to receive - great fun ! Of course the very delicious bar of chocolate is long gone . . .


One last thing - I received an email a while back from Pameladownunder who I would love to answer but unfortunately is no-reply. If you are reading this Pamela perhaps you could email me again with your email addy so I can answer you.


Next post will be a proper mish-mash I assure you - need to take some photos.
See you soon xx

21 comments:

Gail said...

I love the little quilt, you do such nice work, even flat on your back in pain! Aren't you lucky, winning such a lovely prize.

loulee said...

It's good to 'see' you. :-)
Your quilt is sweet, nice finish.

country mouse said...

Congrats on the finish. It is just adorable!! And I agree with you on the mail thing too...prizes are much more fun to receive than some of the other things that come in the mail ;cD Enjoy your winnings, and hope your weekend is a great one!!

Isabella said...

very nice wallhanging you have there, how is the back doing now better I hope.

sewkalico said...

Stunning quilt! I was going to say where's the chocolate I sent, but then I realised you had made short work of it! xka

Roseanne said...

what a beautiful quilt. It would be so hard to quilt flat on your back I think it is a great job well done is all I can say.

happy rosie said...

You have made a wonderful job I think the quilt looks great. I have plenty room on my wall lol lol
cheers

Anne Heidi said...

Congratulations on a beautiful quilt all finished! And that little bag is adorable!

A Time for Stitching said...

I love the little quilt. Bareroots do great designs and you have made a wonderful job of it!
Teresa x

Teresa said...

A very nice wall hanging, and I love the embroidery and special touches.

Deb A said...

Very cute! Glad you are starting to feel a little better.

Floss said...

I love my littel bag, thnaks again.

Paula said...

Love your little quilt. Great job.

Angela said...

Your log cabin sampler is gorgeous

Pascale said...

Your quilt is gorgeous, as well as the little purse and the fabrics you received. I am glad you are feeling better.

Elaine Adair said...

What a delicious little (?) quilt - so happy and cheerful! So nice to meet you.

Thanks for visiting ME in Nebraska USA! 8-))

Bren said...

Your quilting is lovely! The quilt is beautiful....I love the colors you used.

Chris H said...

HI! I just found you by doing a Google Search for QAYG tutorials! Yours was really good and I am going to try it tomorrow on my quilt.

Chris H said...

PHEW! I just spent the last 2 hours browsing through your blog... ALL OF IT!
I am in awe of your sewing skills and how much you get done!
I have only been sewing for about 3 years... and have done very little compared to you!
I will be back to see what you are doing often!

Unknown said...

Both the quilt and the little bag are beautiful.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Love the little bag you made and all your knitting project and stuff! Just trying to catch up with everything!