Friday 22 January 2010

What's in the tin?

You may remember this quilt - my 3D hexagons.




I have had a number of enquiries about where to get hold of the template for this. Well the good news is you can make your own.


Like so - I'm hoping this will enlarge for a better look. My photos usually do but when you want something it never works - lol !

Anyway it is not all UFO's in my house. Just after New Year I decided to do another of these quilts as I absolutely loved making it. This next one will not be as scrappy. In fact I am only using 3 colours. Not 3 fabrics mind....... No I couldn't cope with that.




So I have been prepping some shapes ready and they are in my rather nice new tin.


I have worked out to make another quilt the same size I need 189 complete hexagons - each comprising 1 of each of my chosen colours. I am going to use 21 different fabrics for each colour - so the quilt will have 63 fabrics. Are you with me?


As I have a boring weekend ahead ( namely doing Tax Returns ) and for a bit of fun and maybe a little something for the winner I was wondering if you'd care to guess my colour scheme.


So I am looking for the names of 3 colours - I'll give you a headstart - it's not red,white and blue ! That's not to say these colours are discounted just not in this combination.


If no-one guesses correctly I'll do a lucky dip for a couple of fat quarters and if more than one guesses right I'll pick the winner by a random thingy.


Will give this until Monday morning UK time - get your thinking caps on - lol !

I have some parcels ready to go out on Monday and will add this extra one too.

Have a good weekend xx

29 comments:

Frogdancer said...

Purple, green and pink.

Sounds girly, but that's what came to me.

Cleary (Cie) said...

Wow I love the first one you made and thanks for the templates.

Not scrappy let's...see maybe
White, Blue & Yellow?
Sounds pretty to me.
Huggs,
Cleary K.

Gail said...

Yellow, pink and green? I know you like yellow and blue but you said no blue, so-o-o.
Have fun with it.

Rachel said...

I'd like to guess red, green and yellow because they're my three favourite colours... I imagine I'm dead wrong though. Traffic light colours haha.

heather said...

I was going to say pink, green, and yellow but someone beat me to it so I'll say pink, green, and white.

Gene Black said...

Aqua, yellow and red

claudia said...

I'm thinking turquoise, lime green and deep gray.
Anything would look great though!

sewkalico said...

um... brown, pink and yellow...
Oh I don't know LOL, whatever it is, it sounds like a great idea using a restricted colour palette.

Jan Hatchett said...

Hmmm. I am thinking, aqua blue, soft, butter yellow, and pink. Maybe I am ready for springtime!

Barbara said...

Love the first one.
My guess is red, black and white

A Time for Stitching said...

I love that design and the quilt is beautiful. I can't wait to see what the new one will look like. Thank you for the instructions, I'm sure I'll give it a go sometime. The tin is so sweet! My random guess for your colours is blue, orange and brown.

Becky said...

Pink, Green and yellow

country mouse said...

Beautiful quilt! I am going to throw my guess in too, I'm going to say red, blue and yellow. (Although I would love to see one in pink, brown, and cream...but I think someone guessed that already.) Any which way, can't wait to see what colors you're using for this new one.

Chocolate Cat said...

Mmmm pink , green and orange!!! Would be nice and bright!

Tamera said...

I'll say purple, orange, and white.

Unknown said...

I have no idea but I would use blue, brown and yellow :)

Gill - That British Woman said...

black, white and red......

Which is actually the colour of one of the quilts I am making.

I was told about your blog, by a lady who was at our block of the month club last Tuesday. Now why would that be unusual, well we are in Canada!! So you are famous worldwide.

Now granted both of us are British, but thought it was funny that she was telling me I should check out your blog, for a quilt as you go technique.

So hello to you, my name is Gill and I'm originally from Cumbria, but we live in Canada now.

Gill - That British Woman said...

oh I see someone has already chosen black, white and red, so I'll go with black, white and blue/aqua

Gill in Canada

Anonymous said...

Mmm, the choices, the choices. How about, blue, brown and .... I was going to say yellow but I see Guðrún already chose that combo so I'll say ... white. Blue, brown and white. Looking forward to seeing what your choices actually are - I'm sure it will look fantastic. Thanks for sharing the template.

Meggie said...

Blue Purple & Lemon or Yellow.

I am still not sewing. I am not waving, I am actually drowning!
Oh how I love to see your quilts!

Gina said...

I'll go with pink, cream and blue.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Mary said...

Lovely quilt!

I'm guessing pink,red and blue

Anne Heidi said...

Such a pretty quilt! My guess is ping yellow and green, like your cute blog template.... Hope you got some sewing time in this weekend. I'm doing some 9 patch sewing today, in between catching up on my blog reading...
Hugs.

Anne Heidi said...

Ok, so "ping" is not a colour... of course I meant PINK!!!!

Rose Marie said...

Love that quilt and your next one will be yellow, green and blue.

tich said...

Aqua, green and orange! I like hexagons too!
tich

SarDee said...

I don't think anyone has quessed teal, brown and pink... of course that's the color combination of my next project! Can't wait to see what you reveal...

Teresa said...

Hmmmm..too many colors out there. I have been wanting to make a blue-yellow-green quilt, so I will pick those colors. Yours looks just great.

Deb A said...

I was thinking blue, yellow green... but that has been taken already..... so blue, yellow, cream.