Thursday 3 December 2009

Quilt Winner !

Well I put all the raffle tickets into a bowl




and Jason gave them a good mix and picked one ticket and the winner is Kathy. So my quilt will soon be winging it's way to Canada.

A huge heartfelt thanks to all who bought tickets. A few of you just bought tickets purely to help Jess's fund while others just wanted the quilt. For whatever reason we are both very grateful for your kindness and it was definitely worth doing ( even taking into account the paypal fees ). It has bumped up Jess's total nicely and I think she was pleasantly surprised how much we raised - the total was £255.




And the winner of my little giveaway is Aisha from Bahrain. I will send you an email soon for your colour choice of fabric and address.


And my SSCS parcel has arrived safe and well from Australia. You will all be very proud of me because it has been in my house for a whole 24 hours and I have not opened it yet. I am trying SO hard to keep it til Christmas. Do you hear Gudrun ? lol...... A huge thanks to Donna for doing this again - I can't imagine how much work goes into a swap of this scale.


I may be quiet for a while - lots to do - including putting up new wardrobes in Patricks room and trying to get him to part with some junk - you know what 13 yo boys are like.


Thanks again to all raffle participants xxx

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a tidy sum to help with the fundraising - great idea girls - well done

Chookyblue...... said...

thanks for being part of the swap............now go and hide that gift so it is ready to open xmas day..........

Unknown said...

Do you think I believe you *LOL* Mine is not yet here. I do envy Aisha, but I am glad you raised that sum of money.

Jeanne said...

Congratulations to Kathy! She's one lucky gal. I'm glad a nice amount was raised.

Gene Black said...

Darn that Jason, I was hoping he would pick ME. LOL.

A big Hooray for Kathy, AND an even bigger one for Jess and the nice amount raised for the trip.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jesse on the amount raised. I hope it goes a long way to help raise the rest. I hope that you have a wonderful time. I wish you both all the best.
Congrats to Kathy for winning the quilt. Andrea you should think about doing this more often. You could raffle a quilt every 6 month or so. I'm sure lots of bloggers would be in on it. I know I would, I love your quilts Thank you for choosing me to win, I look forward to hearing from you :)

Meggie said...

Congratulations to Kathy!!
Also to Aisha for the Giveaway.
Very best wishes to you LovelyGirl.XX

julieQ said...

How nice, and I am so glad you had a successful raffle.

Kerry @ Cottage on the Hill said...

Hi Andrea,
Just letting you know that your parcel arrived safely, I am looking forward to opening it, I thought I might open it tomorrow with my Tuesday class as I will be away at Christmas and I can't take presents with me.
The gorgeous cross stitch is delightful, hanging on a door knob at the moment.
Looking forward to seeing what everyone has made for each other,
Take care
Kerry