Sunday 23 December 2007

Merry Christmas !

It's all gone quiet in blogland - we're all so busy I think. I personally would love to be sitting doing a little bit of quiet stitching instead of shopping and present wrapping but there we go. I am not one of these that buy everything in sight as though the shops will be closed for a month but there is still lots to do. Anyway the end is in sight ....and I'm looking forward to catching up with family etc.

Before I go any further here is a photo of the wonderful gifts I received from Jeanne. Aren't they fantastic ?


Here is a close-up of the beautiful cross stitch picture. Just gorgeous.. I'm so glad my parcel eventually got here safely. Thanks so much Jeanne.





I am nearly done with my sisters knitting bag. Good job really as I am cutting it a bit fine. I went to the craft warehouse and bought loads of beautiful balls of wool to fill this up and I think she will like it. As I was passing through the fabric department I happened to catch sight of this pack of fat quarters. These will go with the other lot I bought the other week. I also bought about 10 yards of other stuff. A bit naughty but that's my Christmas treat to myself.



I really am tempted to start Bonnies Carolina Crossroads mystery. I have been thinking about it for days but have not had the time to do anything about it yet.

I found a wonderful recipe on some-ones blog. Just can't remember whose. If you posted the recipe for these Polish Teacakes I thank you . . .they are delicious.




Like everyone else I won't be posting for a short time - too busy - so I just want to wish everyone a great Christmas. I am truly glad I ventured into blogging. I have been made very welcome and have met and chatted with some amazingly nice ladies and I thank you all. Really looking forward to the next 12 months of blogging.
Just off to cook dinner now - roast pork with sage and onion stuffing, roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese, carrots, peas and gravy. I'm starving !!

Merry Christmas !!

19 comments:

Made By Claire said...

Merry Christmas Andrea. I hope you have a good time. The bag and fabric look great. Well done!
See ya soon.

*karendianne. said...

The cross stitch - Wow!

Your sister is going to love this wonderful gift. I'm excited for both of you.

Have a joyous holiday.

Joyce said...

The fabrics look delicious as do the cookies. Have a very Merry Christmas.

Unknown said...

I've gotta start with your dinner, just reading about it made my mouth water at 8.30 in the morning. Nothing like a good roast to get the taste buds awake.
Love your fat quarters, such pretty colours.
Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

antique quilter said...

great presents!
I just love that little stocking!
adorable!
wow
the zippered bag with the log cabin blocks is great, I would love one of those too!
Kathie

mereth said...

I'd love to invite myself to that meal, sounds divine. And I too saw the Polish teacakes but can't remember where.
I hope you get to play with your new fabric and have some good quilting time after all the Christmas festivities die down. Enjoy being with your family and tell them "G'day" from Australia and all your new friends.

Anne Ida said...

Merry Christmas, Andrea!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh what wonderful gifts from Jeanne! Isn't she sweet! I hope you have a wonderful and restful holiday too!

Unknown said...

Dear Andrea I wish you and your family a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

~Bren~ said...

Fun post! Merry Christmas Andrea!!!

Rose Johnston said...

Merry Xmas Andrea to u and ur family and all the best for 2008!!!

CONNIE W said...

I love the gifts from Jeanne. With the house quiet, chores finished for the day, I am enjoying some time on the computer. The new two days will be completely filled so probably won't be online much. Wishes to you for a Merry Christmas.

Ali Honey said...

Season's Greetings Andrea. What lovely gifts you got.

I particularly want to Thankyou for your Bucket Bag instructions......I took it and made it my own. I have made one for a present, one for myself, a tiny girls one and taught a class of 14 ladies how to make one. Oh I still have one in pieces I used in the class; so along with Joyce in Canada who made lots too - we just loved your bag!
The knitting bag is a great idea too!

Your meal sounds like one we are having tomorrow. Enjoy!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Thank you sooooo much for my wonderful gifts. I love the bag you made and the spoon is so cute. The candy of course YUMMY!!!
I hope you have a Merry Christmas and thanks for being my secet santa.

Jeanne said...

Merry Christmas, Andrea! I hope you have a wonderful time with family. The cookies look yummy. I'm really happy you like your SSCS gift.

Helen in the UK said...

Lovely colours on the FQ pack and a little xmas pressie to yourself never hurts!! Merry Christmas :)

Floss said...

Merry Christmas Andrea.
The fabrics and gift look wonderful. I am hungry after ready the menu.

Quilter Kathy said...

You and I will get a late start with the mystery...when all the Christmas activity dies down, OK???
Merry Christmas!

Chookyblue...... said...

thanks for joining in the swap.......it has been fun .......