Tuesday 5 June 2007

Busy, busy -no quilting !!




Busy weekend but no quilting done. Will try to put that right this week. My nephew turned 18 years old at the weekend and my sister roped me in to make a huge birthday cake, prepare food and supervise at his party. It was good fun - I even had a sing at the karaoke - the fact that I cannot sing a note in tune did not deter me.....I could hardly refuse the request from the birthday boy to join him in a duet...It was a laugh !! I have also been dressmaking - not for myself. My sons school is having a historical day - namely the Tudor period and Iwas asked to make one of the teachers a Tudor costume...It's nearly done and I can't wait to get back to my quilting.


Now I love my sewing machines but like many quilters I like to have some hand work on the go. I have nearly finished this apple core quilt top - all pieced by hand. I would like to have it finished soon because I have a new project lined up.

I was trying to be good and get shut of a few quilting magazines which are breeding like mad and making my shelves buckle... However after only putting 3 in the "dispose of" pile with about 53 in the to" keep" pile my brain is working overtime with loads of ideas for potential new quilts. As I said previously I really want to finish some UFO's before i start anything else but the urge is overwhelming- lol.. I have promised myself that if I finish the apple core I will be allowed to start this next one... Its from Australian Patchwork and Quilting which is one of my favourite mags... This quilt is done by English paper piecing which I have dabbled with. I have a half ( or is it a quarter ) finished hexagon quilt somewhere that I completely lost interest with. Maybe someday it will get done.

Oops - just realised my toes are in one photo - lol !

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog, Andrea. I love your log cabins! That is one of my favorite patterns, if not THE favorite. You sound like you stay very busy. I've been very remiss about reading blogs. I can barely keep up with my own. thanks, again.

swooze said...

Welcome to the webring!

Susan Freebery said...

I LOVE your apple core quilt. That is my one dream quilt - I keep dreaming about making one, and that is as far as I have ever gotten. I have never seen one finished by a real person, so maybe YOURS will be my motivator. I love those colors. Great job. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Jenni said...

Nah, just go for it while you have inspiration, or at least start an ideas book so you don't forget. Can you have too many UFOs?

Jenni said...

Forgot to say - you did the applecore by english paper piecing? I wouldn't have thought you could. Get the hexagons out and give us a look - I have one on the go too, but the knitting has taken over the hand sewing time lately.

Cathi said...

I am hand piecing an apple core quilt too...was going to make it bed size, but my apple cores are so small it may take me 10 years to make it! My Dear Jane went faster!! I think mine might turn into a doll quilt!

Sarah Nopp said...

I love that you left your toes in that picture! Very nice quilt too.