Monday 25 June 2007

Bucket Bag Tote - Part 4. Last one !







The lining is made in much the same way. Take 2 pieces of lining fabric and place them like this -


Sew along the pinned edge. Stitch the other 2 pieces in the same way.





Place them as follows and stitch about 2 inches each end with a gap in the middle. This is for turning the bag through >



Then turn up the sides like you did for the outside of the bag and join the seams.





Do the same for the other 3 edges. You will now have this





Not much to do now. Position the handles on the right side of the bag at the tip of the pointy bits. Make sure the contrast fabric is facing the right way ( 2 right sides together ) I did this wrong on the first bag I made and had to undo it - aarrgh !


Place the bag inside the lining case making sure the handles are enclosed.





You can cut the small triangular bits of spare fabric off to make it easier when you stitch.


Pin around top edge matching seams and stitch.


Turn bag through gap in the lining. Get your edges nice and even and topstitch all around this edge. Slip stitch gap in lining fabric and thats it - you're done !!!







If anyone has a go at this I would love to see a photo. One of the nice things about this bag is that it is really easy to make it in different sizes. Just cut your squares bigger or smaller ! Hope this was clear enough !!



17 comments:

Rose Marie said...

What a great bag, I think I'll have to make one too! Your tutorial is great and easy to follow.

~Bren~ said...

I saw Pam's Pages today and had to come over to see the bag. It looks great and your tutorial is easy to follow. I think I will have to give this one a try. Your blog is great! Bren

swooze said...

LOVE it! Thanks for sharing!

Wendy said...

What a wonderful bag, I haven't try it yet but I hope to soon. Thanks for the tutorial.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Andrea ! THANKS a bunch for this nice tutorial, for a wonderful bag ! I'll have a trial, when I return from vacation! Also, in one of your older posts, you show a hexagons quilt from an Australian P&Q magazine. Could yu remind me which Vol.-Issue nr, please ? (I have a subscription for 5 years now... but I'm too lazy to browse through all of them, in order to find the right one! LOL LOL)...
By the way, I love your idea of a DJ with 2 fabrics only, it surely takes out hours of decisions !

Hugs & smiles,
NADINE

Floss said...

Hi Andrea.

Thanks for welcoming me to blogging.
Loved this bag, I will have to make one.

swooze said...

Check this one out. http://foofanagle. wordpress. com/2007/ 06/26/bagsket- tutorial/

Susan said...

What a nifty bag! I came over from Pam's Pages and now I see what it is she's making.

Pam said...

Hi Andrea - I am just getting to cut out my lining but I forgot to measure the sections first. What are the measurements for each lining piece? I still have the handles to make. Thanks so much.

Chookyblue...... said...

gotta have a go at this......maybe in the next few weeks while I am off work.........

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh my gosh! I have to try this! I love this bag! Thank you so much for sharing with us how to make it!

LuĂ­sa Silva said...

Great tutorial. Thanks for sharing. The tote bag looks wonderful!

Inmapatchwork said...

Pareces una maquina trabajando

Inmapatchwork

Jennifer said...

What a fabulous bag! Thanks so much for making a tutorial on it ... your instructions are very clear and I hope to follow them soon LOL! Love it!!

Nancy said...

Thank you so much for the tutorial. I have it printed off and will add it to my to-do list. Have lots of scrappy squares to use. Hugs, Nancy

craftyme said...

I just heard about your bucket bag. I also saw the one you made it is beautiful. I would love the pattern, but don't know how to get it. I would gladly pay for a copy of the pattern. Thank you, craftyme

Anonymous said...

Great bag, I love it.
Thanks for the tutorial !!