Thursday 14 June 2007

Tulip Tango !

I have had a week where my time is not my own - I'm sure you know how it is ! My dh is currently waiting to start a new job after his last employer ceased trading so is - unfortunately under my feet all the time. He keeps insisting I will miss him when he returns to work in the next week or so but I know differently- lol ! Anyway today was a free day and I needed to sew !!



Earlier this year I did a signature block swap on the Dear Jane list that I'm on. It was the first time I'd participated as I joined the list too late last year. It was great fun and the blocks I got back were amazing..It was like christmas and my birthday rolled into one when I received my pack of blocks. Anyway some of the ladies on the list made one block different from the others and that was called their " special siggie ". I was so excited when fondling my blocks to discover some-ones special block. The lady was from Oregon and she sent me something really lovely. She said she had searched for something that represented Oregon and the gift was 4 fat eigths and a pattern. All I needed was to add a background fabric.


I decided to use a black fabric with a tiny pink flower as it matched nicely with the hot pink and orange fabrics.








So after doing the bare minimum - and resolutely ignoring the dust I set to. I was determined to finish this today. I gave my family their evening meal early so I could get it quilted and bound. In fact they ate so early they'll be rooting through the cupboards anytime now for snacks but ha - I'm not bothered. All I have to do it slip stitch the binding on the back - I absolutely LOVE binding and I'm done. Just have to find an uncluttered place to put it !! Could be easier said than done..

3 comments:

swooze said...

How pretty. It turned out great!

saphirz said...

I so love the colors you have used in this. It looks so good!
Saphirz

Quilt crazy said...

Love the colors! Great project!