Saturday 24 October 2009

Lucky me !!

Firstly here are a few things I made for our little quilt show.


It was a great day and we were kept busy all day with visitors. Looking at the quilts - buying from our sales table - cushion tombola - raffle and most importantly drinking tea and eating cake - lol ! I'm not sure how much we raised towards local charities as the money hadn't been counted up when we left. Quite successful though I think.

Earlier in the week I did a little knitting for my friends gorgeous little boy.



He will kill me for this when he's older :-) He's 7 months now and such a love...


And I had another birthday this week ( man - they come round quick ) and here's what I got.




I have been saving up for ages for this and had got about halfway there and so for my birthday DH said - just get it - so I did...Yippee.


Do you see the big space under the arm ? That is why I bought it. It just basically does a straight stitch and I will only use it for machine quilting. Apparently it is FAST - semi-industrial. It is a big machine - makes my others look tiny... I am hoping to be able to machine quilt on this with a bit more ease - ie - not nearly wrenching my shoulders out of their sockets - lol !


So far I have only threaded it and sewn a few lines but next week I plan to try and get a quilt done on it. I think I have a top or two ( cough ;-))) I can get backed ready to quilt. I bought the free-motion darning foot too and look forward to giving it a whirl.

I got a free gift with it



should keep me going for a while.


I am busy putting the finishing touches to my Stitchers Angel swap package and should get that in the post early next week.


So much to do - I love it xxx

Thanks for all the lovely comments on Dannys quilt - I always try to reply but somehow the time gets away from me..

22 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

A new machine, wow!! What a wonderful birthday present. I have a Janome and the wide throat is what made me go for it -- and I love it.

Gail said...

Lucky girl! A gift that came with gifts! Happy Birthday! May you have MANY more. Blessed Be.she

~Bren~ said...

Happy Birthday!!!
What a darling punkin head!!!
Your new machine is wonderful!!!!

Gene Black said...

I was going to ask if it did free motion, but you got a foot for it so Yaay! it does!!! Happy Happy Birthday and MANY MANY more.

I have a pincushion just like one of those shown (hehehehe)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! What a great present! Pretty thread too!

*karendianne. said...

Super congratulations on the fantastic birthday present. You CERTAINLY deserve it my friend. Now, you must know your cracked me up with your cough, cough. Your posts delight with words and eye catching quilty & crafty things - always! Love those little treats you made for the quilt show. Soooo adorable. Me thinks you should never fret over replies. We know you're there. I told someone once that I just assumed they mostly visited my Blog and mostly read my comments. I think she does but really, I'm not sure. She does visit though on occasion and leave a comment so that's good by me. I like the whole "no stress" blogging!

I live in fantasy land, I know. But it works for me... :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Oooohhhh, that is one great birthday present. Love the pincushions, so cute and the little purses are lovely.

Ali Honey said...

Belated Happy Birthday! That's a very useful present, I hope it lives up to expectations and you get great results and no sore shoulders. Happy sewing.
Cute wee pincushios and little purses.

Deb said...

How exciting you Andrea getting a new machine. What fun you are going to have. Love your wee bags and pincushions.

Meggie said...

Happy Birthday! What a wonderful gift! Love the freebies too. I am sure you will work magic with your new machine.

claudia said...

Wow! Happy Birthday! What a great Hubby you have! Nice gift. The freebies are nice too.
But you know what? You deserve this!
I can't wait until I merit buying myself a new machine. I just haven't had the time to wear my old one out yet!

Vicki W said...

Oh, the little pumpkin hat is sooo cute! What a great birthday present too. Enjoy!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

That looks like a fabulous machine, a belated happy Birthday to you!
LOVED the pumpkin hatTracey

Made By Claire said...

Happy birthday, and congratulations on the sewing machine. It looks great. The finished quilt is smashing. Well done!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Belated Happy Birthday... what a great gift. You will enjoy this one for a long, long time!

Anonymous said...

happy sttching from now on.
what a lovely pincushions and pouches.
the boy will forgive you in the end.

Unknown said...

Congratulations, both with the birthday and the new sewing machine.f

Sarah Nopp said...

Sweet machine! now you just need a frame. You could call it a business investment...

Chookyblue...... said...

wow how exciting to get your machine now..........happy belated birthday........

Teresa said...

WOW...I have been wanting one of those too. Happy Birthday and please let us know how you like your machine.

carole ann said...

A very Happy Birthday to you, and what a wonderful gift, that came with gifts.
Love the items you made for the quilt show, very nice.

sewkalico said...

You lucky duck! :-)