This post is not at all quilt related so please feel free to skip it unless you really want to find out some weird things about me.......
I have been tagged by Julia
Here is the rules of this tag----
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
1. I like most foods - I'm not at all fussy but I cannot eat an egg cooked by somebody else. Don't know why. If I eat out and one manages to find it's way onto my plate I smuggle it inside a napkin and find a bin on the way out.
2. I tend not to sit with my 2 legs on the floor. Subconsciously I tuck my right ankle under my left knee. It drives DH Jason mad. I think it is a family thing because recently I was sat with my Mum and sister and noticed we were all sitting exactly the same way - lol !
3. I have a saying or idiom for every occasion - you know such as - locking the stable door after the horse has bolted, where there's a will there's a way, better 5 minutes late in this world than 5 minutes early in the next and so on. Honestly I have one for every situation. Jason is convinced I make them up as he has never heard of most of them but it's just because he's led a sheltered life- lol. I keep saying I will write a book of them and make my fortune. My kids say no-one would buy it anyway - how mean !!
4. On the language thing I HATE bad spelling and bad grammar - I mean REALLY hate it....I have been known to go into shops and tell them they have mis-spelled their signs and so on. If Jess sends me a text message I cringe at the way everything's shortened and letters are substituted. She laughs at my texts as I just cannot bring myself to do text lingo.... I get a real bee in my bonnet over it - see - LOL !!
5. In my late teens I went through a horrible period when I couldn't stop blushing. Don't know what triggered it but it made my life hell for a time. It was a real problem. I mean my face and neck would go tomato red and stay that way for the slightest reason. At the time I was working in a busy office and it was embarrassing to say the least. I read somewhere that a tip was to apply a green tinted cream to your cheeks and wear a pale foundation over it. So that's what I did - religiously day after day. I spent a fortune on the stuff. I have got photos and honestly I looked dreadful - with my black hair and white face I looked like the bride of Dracula - lol !! Eventually I stopped blushing and now I can't remember the last time I did. Strange ??
6. My marriage is based on a lie !!!!! Intrigued ?? When Jason and I met it was in a local nightclub. We got chatting and he asked me to dance. I tell him I only said yes because I was a bit tipsy - lol !! Anyway I was 20 at the time and told him that when he asked. I then asked him and he said he was 20 too. I did not find out for several months that he was actually just 17. He had not told the truth because he thought I would think he was too young for me.... One of his friends told me to cause trouble as I found out later he wanted to go out with me himself. Jason ditched his friend and we have been together ever since - awww !! Nearly 20 years now !
7. I am a nail biter !! I have tried and tried to get rid of this horrible habit but just cannot do it ! I have given up smoking, stopped eating chocolate ( just the occasional treat ), overcome my fear of heights to some extent but the nail nibbling cure eludes me. I have tried painting my nails with foul tasting stuff. False nails. Nail hardener - you name it.... It is not a nervous thing with me - I just do not know I'm doing it most of the time. Now and again I have grown them for a while and been really proud of them. Then suddenly- pouf - all gone and I never even knew I did it.
You know what - this was surprisingly easy to do. I must be weirder than I thought - lol !
Please don't feel obliged to do this but I will tag Anne, Kathy, Teresa, Gudrun, Jenni, Kate and Toni. I would love to know if anyone has the same weird habits as me....
Next post I will show pictures of the stitchery I've been trying.