Yippee ! Millies quilt is finished except for the hand sewing of the binding----boy did I have some fun with this !!
I quilted it on my ordinary sewing machine and what should have been a quick and easy job turned out to give me a whole extra batch of grey hairs -lol ! My machine nearly went through the window I can tell you ! I have quilted loads on here with no problems but for some unknown reason it decided to play havoc with this quilt. The stitching was great on the top but on the back was like spaghetti junction......talk about crows nests !! For 2 hours I re-threaded, took off the foot plate- de-fluffed - searched for loose threads - tried again -re-threaded - adjusted tension....still no better. After wasting so much thread and unpicking countless times I was at my wits end. Eventually I decided to re-wind the thread on to a different bobbin and hey presto !! As if by magic it worked a treat. Now these 2 bobbins were bought together from the same place and looked identical in every way - I ask you !! I've thrown the rogue one away - what a palaver ( as my mum would say ! )
Anyway its done and although my machine quilting is not the best I'm sure Millie won't be too critical - she is only 3 ! ! Since I backed it with fleece I've sewn the binding on the back and will flip it over to the front to stitch down as I find this easier. I will do that tonight in bed -I LOVE binding !! This weekend I will do a bit more of my new English PP quilt that I started. I will try and post a couple of pictures of what I've done so far. I had a good hour last night cutting out the papers so I'm all prepared.
Lastly here is my dd - Jess ! She will very rarely pose for a camera unless she is pulling a silly face or something - this is just typical of her !!