Thursday 21 June 2012

I have a dream ....

It's all very well working on UFO's - indeed I will very soon have two more to cross off my list - stay tuned for those - but I have broke rank today and indulged in a little scrap therapy. I have boxes of little scraps separated into colour and recently saw something on a blog ( forget who's -sorry ) that had me hotfooting it to etsy to buy this pattern  Pretty, pretty.

So a little bit of mess later I have these.



The dream I have is of one day having a sewing room of my own.  For now I have my sewing table set up in a corner of our bedroom.  I have plenty of space but when the kids leave home I am going to take over one of their bedrooms and spread out... In this room will be all my sewing machines, fabrics and all the usual paraphenalia and in a corner will be room for a tiny little bed - just for me - lol.  If I want I can escape the snores of my DH and sleep amongst my treasures.  On this bed will be a quilt ( of course ! ) and I have decided that it will a Rose quilt - so here is a long term project - by the time I get this room - way in the future - I may just have enough blocks ( quite time consuming making these ) to make my quilt. They are 6 inch blocks and have 51 pieces...

Now I have a lot of scraps so they should see me alright for a while.  I have a ton of blue scraps and although in real life blue roses are not the norm - because this is my quilt I am thinking I will make one in blue and see how it looks. We shall see.



I have loads more stuff to catch up on so will be back soon.  This weekend I plan to do one of my favourite parts of quilting - binding - love it.

See you soon xx

18 comments:

Gail said...

Love the roses! Of course you can have blue ones who cares about nature's colorway?

loulee said...

Your roses are lovely. It's good to see you creating again. :-)

Diane-crewe said...

lovely rores ... heres hopping you get your dream xx

Carolyn said...

Your roses are beautiful! And you definitely need to have your own quilting room...I have 2,one for my quilting and one for my longarm. Enjoy the kids while they're home and keep dreaming, because someday one of their rooms will be yours!

claudia said...

How FUN!
I have one room for my sewing. (It's great!) I'm waiting for the second daughter to move, perhaps by the end of summer. Then I have a laer room tat is detached from my house where all my weaving toys and goodies will go. I can't wait!!!

claudia said...

That's a larger room

A Time for Stitching said...

Beautiful roses!! I love your scrappy versions much better than than the pattern one. It's going to be amazing - I hope you get your own room soon.
Teresa x

Deb A said...

They look great! Love the yellow in with the blue. Having a sewing room is wonderful, especially if you can just close the door and not pick things up after every sewing session!

Kandi said...

Wow they are beautiful, I need this pattern too. Blue roses will be fab, and if it's for you, you can have whatever you like :0) x

Teresa said...

Its always good to have a dream - and yours is achievable! Your rose blocks are very pretty indeed.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

What a pretty pattern and a perfect scrap buster!

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Oh my gosh those are so cute!!!

Rachel said...

I love your little blocks! How many will you make - enough for a quilt?

Surely one of your children could be booted out of the house to make space for your sewing room. I threatened my nearly-20 year old with eviction this morning, not because I want her bedroom but because I'm tired of cleaning up after her. What a slob!

Unknown said...

I think a quilt full of blue roses would be just gorgeous - moonlight roses even :)

Jeanne said...

Beautiful roses! Your dream will come true before you know it. Is the pattern for the roses a commercial one?

Allison said...

that's a lovely dream - and equally lovely rose blocks! I say go for the blue rose - gardeners have been trying to create a true blue rose for ages, you'll be a step ahead of them! :)

Unknown said...

I would just make blue roses as blue is my color :)

Jan said...

Oh wow, I love the roses. Look forward to seeing more of them