Miniature quilts that is... I have signed up for Kates quilt swap but before that I needed to get my 4 seasons quilt done and dusted.
If you remember this was as far as I had got and I was talking about an applique border. Weellllll.......actually I did this..
I was choosing a fabric for the little inner border and somehow this is what happened. I made each of the 4 borders a quarter inch bigger than the previous one . The first border finishes at half an inch - then three-quarters etc. I had cut out some leaves etc for doing the applique border but when I laid it out I wasn't sure about it so went with this instead.
A couple of nights hand-quilting - including these little free-hand flowers and a scrappy binding and I'm almost there. Just need to add a label and it will be away. Hopefully the new owner will like it and it will fit in with her idea of spring. Fingers crossed.
Had a sortout of some magazines the other day and found a lovely pattern in one of the Quilters Newsletters so made this
very fiddly as some of the pieces had to be cut out from templates and some were rotary cut. Could be the start of a new quilt but maybe not. Can't seem to decide lately what to do next. I know something - I can see why so many hexagon quilts are left unfinished. I have been doing a bit most nights and I am getting tired of them. I think I will get a little more of my stitchery done and alternate the 2 projects. Sounds like a plan.